Respective Bodies of the Award allocate Category for the Support of Arab Junior Athletes
The pace of nomination has increased for the 12th edition of “Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum Creative Sports Award”, which is patronized by H.H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, the Crown Prince of Dubai & Chairman of the Executive Council, and chaired by H.H. Sheikh Ahmed Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, the Second Deputy Ruler of Dubai & President of the National Olympic Committee.
“MBR Creative Sports Award” is one of “Mohammed Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum Global Initiatives”.
30 days are left for the closing of nomination door of the 12th edition of the Award (i.e., 31st Aug. midnight)
The Secretariat General of “MBR Creative Sports Award”; the biggest of its kind, continues to receive nomination files of the various categories from UAE, Arab World & the entire globe through the Award’s website & application: mbrawards.ae, which enable individual athletes & entities to submit the nomination files & upload necessary documents online & in paperless manner, and therefore the nomination process has become easier & faster as per the applicable procedures.
Respective bodies of “MBR Creative Sports Award” has received several nomination files during last July, particularly after the conclusion of the 15th edition of the Arab Sports Games, took place in Algeria from 5th to 15th July with remarkable Arabian participation, where many Arab athletes of both genders & from the category of people of determination presented excellent technical performance & won achievement medals, and therefore become eligible to nominate for the competitions of the 12th edition of the Award. The Arab athletic stars, who are expected to present excellent performance in the World Athletics Championships in Hungary from 19th to 27th Aug., will also have span of four days to submit their files before the closing of the nomination door for the 12th edition.
The nomination door will remain open for all those who have attained great creative achievements of world level in their field of sport, in the period from 16th Sept. 2021 to 31st Aug. 2023, taking into account that nominees should be affiliated to one of the following categories:
• The best athlete (in UAE & Arab World).
• The best junior athlete – U 18 (in UAE & Arab World).
• The best athlete (from people of determination).
• The best coach (in UAE & Arab World).
• The best referee (in UAE & Arab World).
• The best administrator (in UAE & Arab World). This category comprises leaders who chair administrative works in sports federations & corporations; among them are: federation president / manager of federation or national team / supervisor of development initiative / researcher / innovator … etc.
• The best team (in UAE & Arab World).
• The best sports entity or the best entity which serves in sports field (in UAE, Arab World & the entire globe) including entities which launch successful programs or initiatives in the sports field.
The 12th “MBR Creative Sports Award” will support the Arab junior athletes, based on the same mechanism, ratified for nominating the Emirati junior athletes. In this regard, several Arab Junior athletes will submit their nomination files, and the final short list of nominees will be announced in Nov. 2023. The door of voting will then open for public, while junior winners will be declared & honored in the Awarding Ceremony, scheduled in Jan. 2024.