Enterprise-class PCs bring together performance and reliability in new ways to meet the demands of the modern business environment
Dubai, July 22, 2013 — HP announced a broad portfolio of PCs that point to the evolutionary direction of desktop PCs, providing enterprise customers with powerful and progressively designed devices that meet a range of deployment scenarios and needs.
With the remarkable expansion of new mobile form factors over the past several years, desktop PCs have taken on new relevance—with their unmatched power, flexibility and dependability, desktops continue to drive nearly half of the global PC market. HP's new lineup gives business customers the powerful desktops they expect, in several sleek new form factors and space-saving all-in-ones (AiOs) that deliver rich multimedia, the latest security protocols and optional touch-enabled displays. In addition, these new desktops have features like fast charging ports and HP Wireless Hotspot software(1) that play a pivotal role in communicating with mobile devices, allowing them to continue serving as the hub of enterprise productivity.
“End users require the right PC for them to succeed on the job, with those needs encompassing a broad combination of power, productivity, manageability and security,” said Narayanan Venkataraman, Category Manager, Computing, Printing and Personal Systems, HP Middle East. “HP's new portfolio of business PCs take the desktop to the next level with incredibly powerful and stylish devices featuring the latest management, touch interface and security technologies to address a wide range of employee and customer-facing business scenarios.”
HP EliteOne/EliteDesk series: Powerful business computing meets elegant design
HP's EliteOne and EliteDesk 800 series are HP's most powerful business AiO and desktop PCs with the broadest range of distinctively designed form factors to fit the way businesses work today. HP Elite 800 series desktops are powered by the latest 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors(2) for maximum performance and crisp graphics, as well as optional new caching options and solid state drives that provide faster access to data and apps.(3)
These AiO and desktop PCs also feature HP Elite enterprise-class security and client manageability solutions to protect and manage business-critical data, devices and identities with Intel vPro support.(4)
HP is an industry leader in environmental PC technologies, and the new HP Elite line of business desktops and AiO platforms continue this commitment with the use of low halogen, while several of the platforms are also available with optional power supplies featuring up to 94 percent power efficiencies.
The HP Elite 800 G1 series includes:
• The HP EliteOne 800 G1 is HP's most powerful, multimedia-rich AiO PC, featuring a stylish, 23 percent thinner design and a full Windows® 8 capacitive touch option that features edge-to-edge glass for a dynamic, interactive experience.(5) This AiO also includes DTS Studio Sound with an HD webcam for rich audio and video that brings work to life. Users will enjoy the flexibility of the 23-inch (58.4cm) diagonal display with a height-adjustable and reclining stand option that rotates between portrait and landscape orientations, DisplayPort with multistream for up to four additional digital monitors,(6) and VESA mounting options(7) for the ultimate in space savings. Designed to interface with the many devices that can be found in a modern workspace, the HP EliteOne 800 enables users to quickly charge mobile devices with the fast-charging USB port, as well as share their internet connection with up to five additional devices with the included HP Wireless Hotspot application.(1) In addition, HP's tight security protocols can be further bolstered with the optional integrated near-field communications (NFC) for capabilities such as quick and convenient file sharing(8) or optional user authentication.(9)
• The HP EliteDesk 800 G1 series delivers powerful, reliable performance with customisable deployment options, all backed by a full portfolio of HP security and manageability solutions. Available with Windows 7(10) or Windows 8,(5) the HP 800 series offers fast access to data with a choice of highly responsive or self-encrypting hard drive options, as well as an optional slim, removable hard drive that allows sensitive data to be removed and secured.(3) The new design allows for quick connectivity for companion devices with front-facing USB 3.0, and is available in a range of different chassis options including:
– The HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Tower is an all-new tower form factor with a smaller footprint and full-size expandability. It also features an optional legacy PCI slot that ensures broad compatibility with previous technology investments.
– The HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Small Form Factor features slim-line optical drives and continues to be the most demanded platform of all the desktops, providing the performance, flexibility and security desired by most business PC users.
– The HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Ultra-slim Desktop is an ultrasmall form factor desktop with three video outputs that can either stand alone or be attached to select HP displays with the optional Integrated Work Center (IWC),(3) providing the space-efficiency of an AiO with the flexibility to change the display.
HP ProOne/ProDesk series: Reliability in a stylish, long-lasting package
The HP ProOne and ProDesk 600 series feature business AiO and desktop PCs with up-to-date designs and a choice of the latest 4th generation Intel Core processors at an affordable price.(2) Each device allows users to easily meet everyday business needs with a choice of Windows 8, Windows 7 or a variety of Linux options, HP Support Assistant management tools, and robust HP Client Security applications to protect data, device and identity. Productivity is increased with HP ePrint(11) for quick and easy wireless printing, as well as DTS Sound for rich audio sound.
The HP Pro 600 G1 series consists of:
• The HP ProOne 600 G1 is an enterprise-class AiO that combines an intelligently designed space-saving form factor with powerful and secure PC performance. It has VESA mounting options(7) to reclaim workspace, and its 21.5-inch diagonal display can be joined by up to four additional monitors.(6) As with the HP EliteOne AiO, the HP ProOne AiO can increase security productivity with integrated NFC for capabilities with Windows 8 such as tap to share.(8)
• The HP ProDesk 600 G1 series offers the most popular form factor options and a long, stable lifecycle, while meeting everyday business needs with performance and reliability. Multitasking is aided with optional solid-state drives(3) that keep files and applications cycling quickly. The HP ProDesk 600 series is available in two different chassis options:
– The HP ProDesk 600 G1 Tower features the optimal combination of a smaller footprint and full-size expandability.
– The ProDesk 600 G1 Small Form Factor's compact chassis frees up critical desk space so users can focus on the job at hand, and like all HP business desktops, helps reduce power consumption with optional power supplies featuring up to 94 percent power efficiency.
Availability and pricing(12)The HP EliteOne and EliteDesk 800 G1 series and the HP ProOne and ProDesk 600 G1 series are expected to be available across EMEA in July 2013.
Pricing for the HP EliteOne G1 800 touch-enabled AiO starts at AED 5770 and the HP EliteOne G1 800 AiO starts at AED 4800, while pricing for the HP EliteDesk 800 series starts at AED 3120. Pricing for the HP ProOne 600 series starts at AED 3460 and the ProDesk 600 G1 series starts at AED 2880.