05 June 2013 - Omnix International, the authorized distributor for Autodesk products in the Middle East, successfully launched the new ‘Autodesk 2014 Design and Creation Suites' in ceremonies held recently in Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam. More than 300 designers from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) attended the launch events, reflecting their interest and excitement in the release of the new design suite. With the availability of the new suites, the country's designers and engineers will now have unprecedented access to the Autodesk 2014 software portfolio, which spans both the desktop and cloud and allows building, product, plant, and factory design; engineering, construction and infrastructure and entertainment creation professionals to innovate more. Also being offered for the first time is the inclusion of new reality capture software and services that easily incorporates both laser scans and digital photographs of the physical world into the 3D design and engineering process.
One of the highlights of the launch was a presentation/testimonial given by Autodesk clients showing successful designs made using the Autodesk Suite package. One of the designs showcased was that of a residential type student dormitory for Jubail Industrial College in Jubail Industrial City. The flexible, economical software access provided by Autodesk Suites translates to designers and engineers having a wider palette of tools to choose from, which includes the best tool for any job at hand and faster response times in addressing changing business requirements. ‘Autodesk 2014 Design and Creation Suites' includes:
· Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite
· Autodesk Building Design Suite
· Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite
· Autodesk Factory Design Suite
· Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite
· Autodesk Plant Design Suite
· Autodesk Product Design Suite
In addition, customers who are on an Autodesk Subscription will also have access to Autodesk 360 cloud services, which extends workflow of engineers and designers to explore more design alternatives, collaborate more effectively and experience greater mobility. Subscription customers can also purchase additional cloud capacity as well.
“With our 2014 portfolio, engineers, designers and even large and small organizations across every industry can simply innovate more,” said Andrew Anagnost, Senior Vice President of Industry Strategy and Marketing, Autodesk. “Autodesk's commitment to making our 3D design, engineering and entertainment software portfolio accessible to customers through suites workflows that connect to value added services in the cloud is unwavering.”
Highlights of the 2014 portfolio of suites includes the addition of Autodesk ReCap, a family of new reality capture software and cloud services that simplify the process of creating intelligent 3D data of physical objects and environments via the use of laser scans and photos. This unique feature gives customers the ability to bring the actual job site or physical objects into their design and engineering process. In fact, designers and engineers need not start their designs with a blank screen but can add, modify, validate and document the design process in context. An example of the advantages of using reality capture software is that civil engineers can now bypass an existing bridge or expand the road underneath digitally and test feasibility with accurate survey data.
The 2014 suites presents industry specific workflows that address specific user needs while at the same time reinforces compatibility between products. For example, suites containing Autodesk Revit products and Autodesk AutoCAD software can now enjoy tighter interoperability, so when it is time to import forms from AutoCAD into Revit products, the forms retain greater integrity or when it is time to output drawings in AutoCAD, users can generate 2D documentation within Revit products.
Meanwhile, Autodesk 360 extends the suites workflow advantage by connecting the desktop to secure and virtually infinite computing power of the cloud. To showcase the strategic integration of both cloud and desktop, Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite 2014 and Autodesk Building Design Suite 2014 introduce Autodesk InfraWorks software and Autodesk InfraWorks 360 cloud services--new tools that help accelerate the adoption of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and cloud-based workflows for the planning, design, construction and management of civil infrastructure projects. Helping improve the civil infrastructure design process by engineering in 3D from the start, the software and services allow collaboration with a broad set of stakeholders on mobile and desktop platforms, and enables communication in new and visually compelling ways. With Autodesk InfraWorks, civil engineers and planners can now design within the context of the real-world environment, helping to deliver projects, both large and small, by more efficiently managing even large-scale infrastructure models.
“Over the last few months, Saudi Arabia has shown a continuing increase in major development projects--proving its resiliency amidst the impacts left by the recent economic downturn. The new ‘Autodesk 2014 Design and Creation Suites' is now available in the Middle East through our vast channel network in the region. The new suites are not only ‘must have' tools for Saudi designers and engineers, but also offers an economical way for customers to access their design software,” concluded Jayant Deshpande, Director-CAD Division, Omnix International.
Autodesk 2014 Design and Creation Suites-Specifications
· Offered in Standard, Premium and Ultimate Editions.
· Standard editions of all suites containing AutoCAD have added AutoCAD Raster Design software.
· Autodesk Building Design Suite subscribers gain access to Autodesk Green Building Studio and energy analysis cloud services in the standard edition, as well as InfraWorks 2014 and the Optimization for Inventor cloud service in the Ultimate edition.
· Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite customers will benefit from new workflows like the ability to easily generate moving or idle crowds with populate, improved viewport display and shading, and the ability to create production-quality meshes with the new retopologizing options.
· Autodesk Factory Design Suite includes more than 300 new factory assets.
· Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Premium now includes Autodesk InfraWorks 2014, Autodesk Roads and Highways Module for InfraWorks, Autodesk AutoCAD Utility Design software and for the first time, a single, comprehensive version of Autodesk Revit products that combines tools for architectural design, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) engineering and structural engineering.
· Autodesk Plant Design Suite Ultimate adds Autodesk Inventor with Routed Systems, and the Plant Design Suite Premium edition now includes Autodesk 3ds Max Design software.
· Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium now includes Autodesk Inventor Professional, and Autodesk Navisworks Manage has been added to the Product Design Suite Ultimate edition for clash detection. Both Product Design Suite Ultimate and Premium customers on Autodesk Subscription now have access to the Optimization for Inventor cloud service.