• Latest Model Added in Xperia Range of Premium Smartphones Offers Unique Sony Experiences at New Price Point
• Combines Sony's Technology and Design Excellence with One-touch Functions and Striking Form
• Dual SIM Version available - Xperia Mdual
Dubai-UAE: 04 June, 2013 – Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) today announced the launch of Xperia M featuring Sony's signature design and innovative one-touch functions for effortless connectivity.
Xperia M delivers Sony's premium user experience to a new target market and price point. With NFC connectivity for one-touch functions, stunning design and a range of technologies including: a high quality screen for sharp viewing; smart camera functionality for impressive pictures and videos; Battery STAMINA Mode for outstanding battery life; and Sony's signature media apps for enjoying photos, music, movies and games on the go Xperia M offers the best of Sony connectivity and design..
Spyridon Gousetis, Director of Marketing, Sony Mobile Communications, Middle East and Africa, said “The Xperia M or Xperia Mdual are an ideal option for users looking to enter the world of Xperia smartphones. Packed with Sony's proven innovation and engineering expertise, Xperia M and Xperia Mdual are perfect for users who want premium technology and experiences often only associated with high-end models.”
Ease of sharing and enjoyment
Xperia M features Sony's one-touch functions allowing you to easily and instantly enjoy photos and music across an array of devices, such as Sony's SBH20 wireless stereo headset and latest range of NFC-enabled BRAVIA TVs, with just a single touch.
Premium, signature Sony design
Xperia M boasts Sony's now familiar OmniBalance design, first introduced in the flagship Xperia Z. The aesthetic language takes the form of a precision-crafted skeleton frame, and gives the phone a seamless look that is both tactile and sleek. Designed to complement the slim style, Xperia M also features colour-changing illuminations that can be personalised to visually alert you to incoming calls, text messages and alarms.
Consistent Sony entertainment experiences
Xperia M benefits from Sony's media applications, offering consistent entertainment experiences across mobile, tablet, desktop and PlayStation. The “WALKMAN”, Album and Movies apps, provide content through a single access point with new ways to enjoy and share the content. The “Album” application enables easy access to Facebook friends' photos, as well as the ability to organise images both by location, and through the new “Faces” function by the people that feature in them.
Sony's entertainment technology turns content into experiences, and with Xperia M you can enjoy these experiences for longer thanks to Battery STAMINA Mode. The latest version of Sony's battery management technology improves the standby time of your smartphone by four times or more, by automatically shutting down battery-draining apps whenever the screen is off and starting them up again when the screen is back on.
The Dual SIM variant Xperia Mdual lets users select between two SIMs before making a call or sending a message with just a single click. Each SIM card can also be customised separately – for example, a formal ring for business or another tune for pleasure - perfect when users want to separate work from play, and handle calls more efficiently.
Key features for Xperia M
• One-touch functions with NFC and screen mirroring, to display content on your TV or to share music and photos between devices
• Sony's OmniBalance design, with generous 4” FWVGA touchscreen display and LED illuminations
• Sony's signature audio enhancement technology ClearAudio+, xLOUD and 3D Surround Sound (VPT)
• 5 megapixel fast capture camera with auto-focus and HDR for photos, and dedicated shutter key
• Fast performance with dual-core processor
• Dual SIM version (Xperia Mdual)
• Battery STAMINA Mode for outstanding battery life
• Available in Black, Purple, White and Yellow colour variations
Xperia M and Xperia Mdual from Sony Mobile will both be available from Q3 2013 in black and white.
For all the latest news, views and info on Sony Xperia smartphones follow @SonyMobileNews on Twitter.