Dubai, UAE — May 12, 2013 — ManageEngine, the real-time IT management company, today announced support for cloud applications and storage services in its self-service password software, ADSelfService Plus. Now, whenever users change their Active Directory passwords via ADSelfService Plus, those passwords are automatically synchronized with the users' accounts for cloud-based services, including Office 365, Azure, Google Apps, Oracle E-Business, Salesforce apps, Box and Dropbox.
The company is also announcing major upgrades for Applications Manager, the on-premise application monitoring solution; OpManager, the data center and network monitoring software; and Site24x7, the cloud infrastructure monitoring service.
“Our users are finding that passwords to cloud services are just as difficult to remember as passwords to traditional applications when there's no single sign-on solution in place, and the help desk pays the price in a deluge of password reset requests,” said Manikandan Thangaraj, director of product development, ManageEngine. “In response, we've extended ADSelfService Plus to work with a variety of cloud-based services, including some of the most popular business apps and storage services on the market. Users now effectively have single sign-on access to the online and on-premises systems they need to get their jobs done and keep their companies running smoothly.”
Self-Service for Cloud PasswordsADSelfService Plus now allows IT administrators to synchronize passwords between Active Directory and several cloud-based apps and storage services without the hassles of implementing single sign-on methodology. In turn, end users gain a password self-service system that synchronizes their various passwords, sparing them the burden of remembering multiple passwords for multiple IT systems, both behind the firewall and in the cloud. Likewise, administrators are free to increase password complexity for secure on-premise and cloud-based service access. Other highlights of the latest version of ADSelfService Plus include:
- Password strength analyzer and enforcer – Administrators can deploy customized password complexity rules that must be satisfied to create valid passwords.
- Non-synchronized password reset -- End users can reset their passwords for cloud-based apps and storage services individually, in a non-synchronized fashion, using their Windows user IDs.
- Mobile user support – Users working from mobile devices can synchronize application passwords while on the go as well as reset their Windows passwords while out of network.
- Mail group subscriber – End users can subscribe to and opt out of email groups that administrators make available to them — without any intervention from the help desk.
- Enhanced notifications – In addition to email, the notification system can deliver alerts to end users via text.
Pricing and Availability
ADSelfService Plus 5 (Beta) is available immediately. In addition to a fully functional, 30-day evaluation edition, ADSelfService Plus is available as a Free Edition, Standard Edition and Professional Edition. Standard Edition prices start at $595 per year for 500 users. Professional Edition prices start at $995 per year for 500 users.