~M&S begins the roll out of its new store format in the Middle East with this opening~
Dubai, UAE, 7th May 2013: Marks & Spencer (M&S) today opened its brand new store at Mirdif City Centre to complement its planned expansion in the GCC region. The new store format delivers a more inspiring experience, with clearer brand differentiation and improved navigation for shoppers. This includes defined brand areas that reflect the unique handwriting of each clothing sub-brand, so customers can quickly identify which best suits their style.
Following a traditional ribbon cutting ceremony led by the Managing Director, John Cooper and Emirati Sales Associate, Badriya Hassan Abdulla Ali, the new Marks & Spencer store opened its doors to a huge crowd of eager customers waiting to get the first glimpse. Trading across 15,000 over square feet the new store at the Ground floor of Mirdif City Centre offers an international Marks & Spencer brand shopping experience for Dubai customers.
Speaking at the opening, John Cooper, Managing Director, Marks & Spencer UAE, said: “We are delighted to present an exciting shopping experience to the customers in Mirdif City Centre with a fantastic looking new concept store. The new store format ensures that we have unique product offerings to suit the needs and taste of our customers.
M&S now has 10 stores across the country, run under the longstanding franchise agreement with Al-Futtaim. In the year ahead, we will continue to the roll-out our new store formats to deliver an improved customer service experience and innovative products across our entire store portfolio,” John added.
The new store format includes better product segmentation according to local demographics and stronger emphasis on sub-brands, such as its Autograph & Indigo collection. To further highlight these distinctive M&S brands, prominent standalone sections with clearer signage and unique branding are created that will guide customers on their in-store journey.
The stylish and exciting fashion display details the extensive product range from M&S's new summer collections at great quality and prices. Customers can choose from the latest summer collections including the nautical stripes, reptile prints, colour block panels and tribal embroideries for women while statement tailoring, vibrant and bold colour palettes in menswear.
The store offers this season's latest collections and M&S' exclusive innovations across womenswear, menswear and kidswear – as well as accessories, footwear, sleepwear, lingerie and beauty. Examples of M&S' popular clothing brands at the store include:
- Autograph (Womenswear) – Luxurious, chic and sophisticated, the range embodies understated, international style.
- Per una - Alive with romance and drama, the clothes are feminine, vibrant and passionate.
- Indigo Collection – Soft, pretty and coordinated casualwear, the collection is perfect for women who need easy style for a busy life.
- M&S Woman and M&S Man – Stylish, dependable but still inspiring, the range brings you the great value clothes you love.
- Blue Harbour – the clean, masculine range offers men considered style, where casual can still be smart.
- Collezione – Inspired by all things Italian, the range expresses confidence and attention to detail in every suave, stylish piece.