- Now available, Avaya Collaboration Pods for Avaya Aura® Virtualized Environment deploy in hours to accelerate the path to the Collaborative Cloud
- Pre-integrated, pre-tested full stack solutions include technologies from Avaya, VMware and EMC with common orchestration to simplify deployment and management
- State of California among organizations already using Collaboration Pods for high-performance, real-time communications and collaboration
Santa Clara, CA – Tuesday, April 24, 2013 — Avaya today announced availability of the first offering within the Avaya Collaboration Pods portfolio. Avaya Collaboration Pod for Avaya Aura® Virtualized Environments represents a new model for deploying real-time virtualized communication and collaboration applications that accelerates and simplifies the path to public and private clouds. Avaya also introduced new management orchestration capabilities to simplify ongoing operation of the Avaya Collaboration Pod.
The Collaboration Pod for Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment provides enterprises and Cloud Service Providers (CSP) with a full stack, plug and play communications and collaboration solution that can be deployed in hours instead of days or months. Collaboration Pods reduce or eliminate long planning cycles, extensive cabling, integration testing and optimization phases. The newly introduced Pod Orchestration Suite simplifies ongoing operations through a single interface for managing all Pod components.
Avaya Collaboration Pods are available in flexible configurations to match the capacity, services and reliability requirements of the customer's business. Each Collaboration Pod comes equipped with:
• Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment and Pod Orchestration Suite software pre-loaded as virtual appliances
• VMware vSphere ESXi 5.0 compliant compute servers deployed in a High Availability Cluster
• EMC's VNX® 5300 unified storage array providing simplified, flexible and highly reliable storage area networking
• Avaya's VSP 7000 with its unique Distributed Top of Rack capability which can interconnect multiple Collaboration Pods and/or external server racks for seamless scalability and highly efficient use of compute and storage resources
• Avaya G450 Gateway for Digital Signal Processing / PSTN connectivity
• Options to add the Avaya Aura Messaging Server and the Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise.
The Avaya Collaboration Pods are now available in the US, Canada and EU countries. Avaya Collaboration Pods are just one of the ways organizations can deploy Avaya Aura. Companies can also select the Avaya Aura Virtualized Environment software-only model or the traditional, appliance model.
The announcement builds on the Avaya Collaborative Cloud portfolio, which includes a variety of solutions that enable customers and partners to build, manage, enable and deliver Avaya solutions through cloud-based delivery models. In March, Avaya also announced Collaborative Cloud offers designed specifically to enable CSPs to provide Avaya's unified communications, contact center and video conferencing solutions to their end customers.
“Adoption of new technologies in the public sector can be challenging and time consuming. The Avaya Collaboration Pod allowed us to provide cost-effective communication and collaboration solutions in a fraction of the time over other solutions. We are excited about the innovative and relevant solutions Avaya provides our Department and welcome our continuing productive relationship.”
–Jeffery Funk, CIO, Department of General Services, State of California
“Avaya Collaboration Pods are already proving their value to enterprises and cloud service providers who are accelerating time to service, reducing data center complexity and improving application availability. Working with EMC and VMware, this turnkey deployment model for Avaya Aura continues Avaya's strategy to provide high performance communications and collaboration applications that are easy to deploy, use and manage from data center to desktop and mobile devices.”
— Marc Randall, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Avaya Networking
“By embedding EMC's industry-leading VNX unified storage and information management products within the Avaya Collaboration Pod, Avaya is providing enterprises and service providers with a simpler, more integrated and easy-to-deploy communications solutions which will no longer require separate set up and configuration of SANs to store, manage, protect and analyze the valuable information found in collaboration sessions. We are pleased to be working with Avaya to accelerate and simplify the management of virtualized infrastructure for our joint service providers and enterprise customers.”
—Anton Prenneis, Technology Evangelist, OEM Solutions, EMC Corporation
“By combining Avaya Aura core reliability with the High Availability features of VMware vSphere®, Avaya is creating a turnkey UC platform that enables enterprises and service providers to quickly and easily deploy virtualized applications to reduce cost and complexity.”
—Parag Patel, vice president, Global Strategic Alliances, VMware