Street Bob® - now joined by a Special Edition that packs even more power and style
OXFORD, UK (March 8, 2013) – The new Street Bob® Special Edition is a rare beast: a pure bobber, pushed further. Inspired by Harley-Davidson's Factory Customization programme, this strictly limited edition motorcycle is only available in select markets, including those in the European, Middle East and African regions.
Restyled for 2013, the Harley-Davidson® Street Bob® is a stripped-down and rowdy bobber based on the Harley-Davidson® Dyna® platform that appeals to riders who appreciate the pure essence of motorcycling; a powerful V-Twin engine at the heart of a bike with simple eye-catching styling that carries only the most essential equipment.
The new Street Bob® Special Edition is upgraded with a 1690cc engine to deliver that unmistakable Harley-Davidson rumble. We've embellished it with distinctive two-tone scallop paint and steel laced wheels with attention-grabbing red rims to deliver a bike that stands out by its looks just as much as its sound. The Street Bob® Special Edition delivers that high-end bobber look and features straight out of the crate, such as ABS as standard equipment.
“Our focus for the Street Bob® is on street appeal,” said Harley-Davidson® Styling Manager Tony Pink. “This bike is for the owner who would order a muscle car with the biggest engine and no radio. As part of this restyle, we cleaned off the rear fender, ditched the battery box trim, and bolted on a classic oval air cleaner cover. The goal is to create an elemental Big Twin that a customer can define as his own.”
The defining elements of the Street Bob are retained for 2013's Special Edition – a solo seat, chopped rear fender, and mini ape-hanger handlebar give this motorcycle an unmistakable profile. New styling features include a black Twin Cam 103™ powertrain with highlighted details, blacked-out front end, clean rear fender with combination stop/tail/turn lighting.
Key Street Bob® Special Edition Features
• Rubber-mounted Twin Cam 103™ V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), rated at 95.9 ft. lbs. of torque
• 6-Speed Cruise Drive transmission
• Red Steel Laced wheels; 19-inch front/17-inch rear
• Anti-lock Braking System(ABS) as standard
• Scallop two-tone paint, in Big Blue Pearl/Vivid Black
• Blacked out triple clamps, powertrain, and battery box cover
• Full-length wrinkle-black cast console with integrated ignition switch
• Clean chopped rear fender with stop/turn/tail lights for a minimalist bobber look with uncovered fender supports
• Rubber isolated handlebar risers with forged top clamp for reduced vibration and simplified customization
• Stainless steel, internally-wired mini ape-hanger handlebar
• 17.8 Litre Fat Bob® fuel tank
• Solo seat
• Mid-mounted rider footpegs and controls
• Michelin® Scorcher® tyres: 100/90B-19 57H front, 160/70B-17 73V rear
• Chrome exhaust with dual staggered shorty mufflers.
About Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.