Features include Role of the Practitioner in Explosive Growth of the Profession,Project Management in Emerging Markets
NEWTOWN SQUARE, Pa. & ISTANBUL - April 17, 2013 (BUSINESS WIRE/ME NewsWire)-- PMI's 2013 Pulse of the Profession™ In-Depth Report: Talent Management found that although consistent, continuous training and development for project managers significantly reduces financial risk, half of organisations have scaled back their training programs due to economic conditions. This deficit leaves organisations and practitioners alike unprepared to fill the 15.7 million new project management roles expected to be created between now and 2020—nearly two million of which will be in the EMEA region.
At the upcoming PMI® Global Congress 2013—EMEA in Istanbul, project and program managers will learn what it takes to fill these roles as leaders of the profession's next generation: agile, innovative individuals who can skillfully navigate change, manage risk and build and nurture teams that drive organizational success in international and emerging markets.
Keynote speakers and events at PMI® Global Congress 2013—EMEA include:
• An opening presentation from Project Management Institute President and CEO Mark A. Langley, “Are You Ready to Be a Project Executive?”
• “Leadership in Times of Global Turmoil” presented by featured keynote speaker Nader Mousavizadeh, CEO of Oxford Analytica and columnist for Reuters.
• “The Crossroads of Culture” presented by AvinashChandarana, Group Learning and Development Director, MCI Group.
• “Networking Across the Globe”, sponsored booths in the Exhibit Hall.
• “Project Management in Emerging Economies” panel discussion, highlighting the opportunities and challenges faced by project management practitioners working in new and developing markets.
• Celebration of Children's Day, with events and performances in observation of Turkey's annual Holiday of National Sovereignty and Children.
• A keynote by Murad Bayar, Undersecretary for Defense Industry, SSM, titled “Project Management in the Turkish Defense Industry.”
• Closing presentation entitled “Reach for the Heights: Team Dynamics and Leadership on the Slopes of the World's Highest Mountain” presented by author and adventurer Cathy O'Dowd, the first woman to climb Mount Everest from both sides.
About PMI® Global CongressPMI's Global Congress is the world's premier project management educational and networking event, providing a forum in which practitioners and professionals can network, further their skills and learn how their projects fit within the context of world and economic affairs. The PMI Global Congress 2013—EMEA will be held from 22-24 April at the Istanbul Congress Center in Istanbul, Turkey. To register, visit http://congresses.pmi.org/EMEA2013/Registration. Start networking early on LinkedIn by joining PMI Global Congress—EMEA and on Twitter @PMICongress.
About the Pulse of the Profession/MethodologyConducted since 2006, PMI's Pulse of the Profession™ is the annual global survey of project management professionals. The Pulse of the Profession charts the major trends for project management now and in the future. It features original market research that reports feedback and insights from project, program and portfolio managers, along with an analysis of third-party data. The newest edition of the Pulse features feedback and insights from nearly 800 project management leaders and practitioners across North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Africa (EMEA) and Latin America and Caribbean regions.
About Project Management Institute (PMI)PMI is one of the world's largest not-for-profit membership associations for the project management profession. Our professional resources and research empower more than 700,000 members, credential holders and volunteers in nearly every country in the world to enhance their careers, improve their organizations' success and further mature the profession.
PMI's worldwide advocacy for project management is reinforced by our globally recognized standards and certification program, extensive academic and market research programs, chapters and communities of practice, and professional development opportunities.
Visit us at www.PMI.org, www.facebook.com/PMInstitute and on Twitter @PMInstitute.
Source: ME NewsWire