January2013 Index Highlights:• Monster Employment Index Middle East riseseightpercent on an annual basis
•Hospitality, followed by Retail/Trade and Logisticsleads all industry sectors in annual growth
• Among occupation groups Hospitality and Travel exhibit strongest growth year-over-year; followed by, Sales and BD occupations
• UAEleads all countries in annual growth. KSA and Kuwait register steepest annual decline
The Monster Employment Index is a monthly gauge of online job posting activity in Middle-East based on a real-time review of tens of thousands of employer job opportunities culled from a large representative selection of career Web sites and online job listings. The Index does not reflect the trend of any one advertiser or source, but is an aggregate measure of the change in job listings across the industry.
“Middle East Employers continue to adopt a cautious approach due to the current global economic scenario. Hospitality and related occupation group-Hospitality and Travel continue to show the positive annual growth in January,” said Sanjay Modi, Managing Director, Monster.com (India/ Middle- East/ South East Asia).
Industry Year-over-Year Trends:Online opportunities exceeded January'12levels in eightof the 12 industry sectors monitored by the index.
• Hospitality (up50 percent) led all sectors followed byRetail/Trade and Logistics(up 7percent)
• Chemicals/ Plastic/ Rubber, Paints, Fertilizer/ Pesticides(down 24 percent) registeredthe steepest annual decline
Occupation Year-over-Year Trends: Fiveof 11occupation groups registered improved online demand over the year
• Hospitality (up 37percent) led all occupational groups in year-over-year growth
• Marketing & Communications/Arts/Creative(down 13 percent) andLegal (down 13percent) professionalsregisteredthe weakest long-term trend
Geographic Year-over-year Trends:Online opportunities exceeded January'12level in fourof the seven countries monitored by the Index.
• UAE(up 23percent) followed by Qatar(up 18 percent) led all countries in year-over-year growth
• KSA(down 17percent)and Kuwait (down 17 percent) registeredthe steepest decline over the past 12 months
KSA Highlights• Online recruitment activity in KSAdeclines17percent from January'12level
• Oil and Gas (up 24 percent) followed by Consumer Goods/ FMCG, Food & Packaged Food , Home Appliance, Garments/ Textiles/ Leather, Gems & Jewellery (up 5 percent) are the only two sectors to have registered positive annual growth.
• Among occupation groups, Hospitality and Travel (up 46 percent) registered highest annual growth
UAE Highlights• UAE registers annual growth of 23percent
• Hospitality (up 39 percent)records the most notable growth in online opportunities over the year
• Hospitality and Travel(up 26 percent) leads in annual growth amongst the occupation groups