Paris Gallery, once again the Retailer of the Year and Arabian Oud bags 5 of the 14 awards
DUBAI, November 12, 2012 - The Fragrance Foundation Arabia announced the winners of the 2012 FiFi Arabia Awards tonight at a gala event held at the Armani Hotel, Burj Khalifa. The 'Fragrance Oscars,' as it is known, has no doubt now established itself as one of the most important events of the Dubai events calendar. Growing ever more glamorous, this was the third successive FiFi Arabia Awards held in Dubai since its debut in 2010. The evening saw the crème de la crème of this fantastic city stepping out in glittering attire, gracing the elegant soiree.
First held in the U.S. in 1973, the FiFi Awards was instituted to honor the fragrance industry's creative achievements, and is the most prominent and prestigious celebratory event of the fragrance industry. Now an iconic event, It was by all accounts a most delightful and memorable evening.
Arabian Oud stood out as the favorite, bagging 5 of the 14 highly covetable awards. With more than 200,000 online votes recorded this year, it was Paris Gallery who once again took home the 'Retailer of the Year' Award. In a region where consumers enjoy the best of both worlds, it was Arabian Oud that dominated the Arabian category, with L'Oreal and Procter & Gamble, the international.
The awards were divided into three categories, the 'Fragrance of the Year' Award, the 'Retailer of the Year' Award and the 'My Favourite Perfume of the Year' Award. While the 'Fragrance of the Year' Award was determined by an independent jury panel, the highlight was the unprecedented flood of consumer votes that determined the winners of the other two.
'Today was a triumph for us, being just the third year in succession. The feedback was fabulous. The turnout was impressive. I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to everyone involved in making this event a highly successful and memorable one. I salute the industry players and consumers of this region whose participation was an important part of this awards ceremony. It was truly a remarkable awards night, a foreshadower of the good things to come,' said Mr. Shahzad Haider, Chairman of Fragrance Foundation Arabia.
The event was also attended by the industry's prominent players including manufacturers, suppliers, retailers, distributors and media.
The 'Fragrance of the Year' Award winners:
- Arabian Prestige Male - Al Khatat by Mohammad Hilal Group
- Arabian Prestige Female - Hayati by Arabian Oud
- Arabian Popular Appeal Male - Shahrayar by Arabian Oud
- Arabian Popular Appeal Female - Habiba by Swiss Arabian Perfumes
- International Prestige Male - Victor & Rolf Spicebomb by L'Oreal
- International Prestige Female - Elie Saab Le Parfum by Elie Saab
- International Popular Appeal Male - Eau de Lacoste L. 12. 12 Rouge by Proctor & Gamble Prestige
- International Popular Appeal Female - Lancôme, Tresor Midnight Rose by L'Oreal
The 'Retailer of the Year' Award winners:
- Multi-brand Store of the Year - Paris Gallery
- Mono-brand Store of the Year - Arabian Oud
The 'My Favourite Perfume of the Year' Award winners:
- Arabian Female, Lamsa by Arabian Oud
- International Female, Gucci Premiere by Proctor & Gamble Prestige
- Arabian Male, Sehr Al Kalemat by Arabian Oud
- International Male, Montblanc Legend Limited Edition by Inter Parfums