Elevate your diet with India Gate’s super-food recipes and open doors to a fit and healthy life
May 10, 2022 - Dubai, UAE: As the warm season begins to set in so does our desire to spend more time outdoors, lounging at the beach, indulging in travel and various other leisure filled activities, all of which requires our health to be at its utmost best.
Get all your summer fitness & health goals on track by making a few small additions to your diet with India Gate’s diverse & nutrient-rich health range. The range includes everything from Quinoa & Flax seeds to Chia Seeds, and Amaranth, all packed to preserve perfection.
These versatile products can be used to create both sweet and savory recipes, including full meals, refreshing drinks, energizing shakes & lots more. Savor these delights, packed with wholesome flavors, and use to create delectable cuisine variations. Here are four recipes for you and your loved ones to experiment with & relish come Summer.
Strawberry & Banana Chia Seed Smoothie
• 2 Tablespoons India Gate Chia Seeds
• 2 cups frozen strawberries
• 1 banana
• 1 Cup Diary Skim Fat-Free Milk
1. Blend everything together until a smoothie like consistency is formed
2. Serve chilled and enjoy!
Quinoa and Chickpea Burgers
India Gate Quinoa – 100 gms
Vegetable broth – 125 ml
Whole-wheat bread – 2 slices
Chickpeas, drained and rinsed – 50 gms
Fresh coriander leaves – 15 gms
Cumin – 5 gms
Red chilli – 3 gms
Salt – To taste
Black pepper – To taste
Vegetable oil – 15 ml
Whole-wheat pitas for serving – 4
Salad greens, sliced avocado, sliced tomato and mayonnaise or yogurt for serving – Optional
• In a saucepan, bring the India Gate Quinoa and broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until all broth has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
• In a food processor, process bread until fine bread crumbs form. Add chickpeas, quinoa, cilantro, cumin, chilli, salt and pepper and process in short bursts until mixture is finely chopped.
• Shape mixture into 4 patties. Brush patties with oil and cook in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until golden, about 4 minutes per side.
• Serve patties with pitas and, if desired, greens, avocado, tomato and mayonnaise or yogurt.
India Gate Quinoa flour 1/2 cup
Baking powder- 1 tsp
Almond powder- 2 tbsps
Corn flour- 1 to 1 1/2 tbsps
Vanilla extract- 1/2 tsp
Milk- ¼ cup
Honey- 1 tbsp
1. Sieve together dry ingredients.
2. In another bowl, whisk in milk, vanilla, honey and egg yolk.
3. Mix the wet ingredients and then fold in the dry ingredients and make a batter which is not too thick or thin.
4. Make pancakes on a slow flame without butter. Lightly grease and wipe the pan from time to time.
5. Serve with maple syrup, chocolate sauce or freshly whipped cream.
Flaxseed Oatmeal Cookies
• 1 cup canola
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
• 1 cup oatmeal
• ½ cup India Gate flaxseed
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 2 cups carob chips
• 1 ½ cups almonds, chopped
1. Cream canola and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
2. Mix together flour, oatmeal, stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™), salt, baking powder and baking soda. Stir into creamed mixture. Add carob chips and almonds. Mix until blended.
3. Form into 1-inch balls. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches between cookies. Bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes.
Enjoy these delectable refreshments as the warm season rolls out, exclusively with India Gate. Pick up one of these healthy and nutrient packed products today from your local store and start creating your favorite recipes.