● New XF R-Dynamic Black models: Accentuate the purposeful, assertive designs of the Saloon and Sportbrake with bespoke Gloss Black elements and richer, more luxurious interiors, while XE R-Dynamic Black gains an enhanced specification
● Desirable and distinctive: Black Pack with Gloss Black mirror caps and side sills, 19-inch Gloss Black wheels, panoramic roof and privacy glass deliver greater visual impact and emphasise the perfect proportions of each model
● Advanced connectivity: Wireless Apple CarPlay® – available soon via Software-Over-The-Air (SOTA) updates – will provide added convenience*. Wireless Android Auto™ will become available at the same time*
● Beautifully crafted interiors: Luxurious materials and exquisite details, further enriched on XF by enhanced Premium Cabin Lighting with a choice of 30 colours
● Enhanced occupant wellbeing: Cabin air ionisation with PM2.5 filtration to capture ultrafine particles and allergens
● Electrified diesel powertrains: Refined, efficient 204PS four-cylinder Ingenium MHEV offers up to 58.9mpg (4.8l/100km)** and CO2 emissions from 127g/km** for XE and up to 57.6mpg (4.9l/100km)** and from 130g/km** for XF Saloon
● Powerful petrol engines: Smooth, responsive 250PS and 300PS four-cylinder Ingenium units enable 0-60mph in only 6.4s and 5.6s respectively for XE and 6.5s and 5.8s for XF Saloon
● Intelligent all-wheel drive: Every XE and XF has an eight-speed automatic transmission and is available with all-wheel drive with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics
Wednesday 25 August 2021, Dubai, United Arab Emirates: The appeal of the award-winning Jaguar XF Saloon and Sportbrake is heightened further with the introduction of new R-Dynamic Black models, while the Jaguar XE R-Dynamic Black gains an enhanced specification.
Developed from the XE and XF R-Dynamic S, these exclusive models benefit from a number of key features designed to give them an even more confident, assured and purposeful presence.
Each delivers an unrivalled balance of outstanding ride, handling, refinement and luxury together with a focused range of powerful, efficient and electrified powertrains.
Following the introduction last year of the XE R-Dynamic Black, the XF’s the Black Pack has been enhanced, with the Gloss Black finish now applied to the door mirror caps and side sills in addition to the grille, grille surround, side window surrounds, fender vents, rear badges, and – on the Sportbrake – the roof rails. There’s also privacy glass and a panoramic roof – features that are now standard on the XE R-Dynamic Black too. Complementing these elements are 19-inch wheels with a Gloss Black finish – ‘Style 5031’ for XE and ‘Style 5106’ for XF – together with red brake calipers.
The XE R-Dynamic Black is offered in a select choice of metallic finishes – Firenze Red, Bluefire, Eiger Grey, Portofino Blue, Santorini Black or new Ostuni White, with the XF R-Dynamic Black models available in the full range of colours.
The luxurious interiors are enriched with beautifully crafted veneers, with Gloss Grey Figured Ebony for XE, and Satin Charcoal Ash for XF. Bright metal pedals add a further finishing touch. The sense of serenity and refinement within XF is heightened still further by the enhanced Premium Cabin Lighting feature, which offers a choice of 30 colours in place of the previous 10.
The fast, intuitive and responsive Pivi Pro infotainment system is now better than ever too. In both XE and XF it already has a range of embedded apps, including Spotify, and Apple CarPlay® as standard. Android Auto™ is standard too.
Soon, wireless Apple CarPlay® will become available to customers in a software-over-the-air (SOTA) update*, to make smartphone connectivity even simpler and more convenient. Wireless Android Auto™ will also become available at the same time*. XE and XF’s SOTA capability enables Pivi Pro and vehicle systems to be updated remotely and seamlessly. This means they always have the latest software without the customer having to visit their Retailer – and Pivi Pro’s dual-SIM technology means you can stream music at the same time.
Pivi Pro can also connect two phones simultaneously via Bluetooth, and the optional wireless device charging pad has a signal booster to improve network reception. The system also provides clearer calls with the help of the vehicle’s external aerial.
On the road, the XE and XF continue to set the benchmark with their ideal balance of agility, handling and ride quality. The engaging, rewarding drive they deliver is second to none, and is matched to inherently low levels of cabin noise, which are further reduced on XF using Active Road Noise Cancellation technology. This is especially effective in cancelling out low-frequency sounds, helping to reduce driver fatigue on long journeys.
With a focus on air quality, occupant comfort and wellbeing are prioritised: both XE and XF offer cabin air ionisation systems with PM2.5 filtration to capture ultrafine airborne particles and allergens.
The R-Dynamic Black models, like all XE and XF models, are powered by refined and efficient 2.0-litre four-cylinder Ingenium petrol and diesel engines, the latter electrified with a 48-volt mild hybrid (MHEV) system. All engines are matched exclusively to smooth-shifting eight-speed automatic transmissions and are available with rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics.
The full global powertrain range for XE and XF (market-dependant) comprises:
• 250PS 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo rear-wheel drive automatic
• 250PS 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo all-wheel drive automatic
• 300PS 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo all-wheel drive automatic
• 199PS 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo rear-wheel drive automatic
• 199PS 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo all-wheel drive automatic
• 204PS MHEV 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo rear-wheel drive automatic
• 204PS MHEV 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbo all-wheel drive automatic
The 204PS diesel engine develops an impressive 430Nm of torque, and its refinement and responsiveness are enhanced with the MHEV system. The Belt integrated Starter Generator (BiSG) recuperates energy usually lost during braking or deceleration by storing it in a compact 48-volt lithium-ion battery: this energy is redeployed to assist the engine when accelerating away. It also makes the stop-start function quieter and faster than conventional systems.
This engine is the most efficient in the XE and XF model ranges and enables the rear-wheel drive XE to deliver fuel economy of up to 58.9mpg (4.8l/100km)** and CO2 emissions from only 127g/km**. In the rear-wheel drive XF Saloon, it delivers corresponding figures of 57.6.mpg (4.9l/100km)** and 130g/km**.
The smooth, powerful petrol engines are offered in two ratings: 250PS and 365Nm torque, and 300PS and 400Nm torque. The 300PS unit is available exclusively with all-wheel drive, delivering outstanding performance and traction in all conditions. This enables the XE to accelerate from 0-60mph in only 5.6s (0-100km/h in 5.9s), and the XF Saloon 5.8s and 6.1s respectively. Maximum speed for both is 155mph (250km/h).