• SEHA to offer home visits and drive-through facilities at selected healthcare centers to provide the Abu Dhabi community with convenient access to the vaccination
• The vaccination will be available across SEHA’s entire network, and is part of joint campaign with the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention, Department of Health – Abu Dhabi, and Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre
Abu Dhabi,26 October 2020: Abu Dhabi Health Services Company, (SEHA), the UAE’s largest healthcare network, will be providing the seasonal influenza vaccine at all its healthcare facilities, with a drive-through option available at selected centers. It will also increase accessibility of the vaccine to the Abu Dhabi and Al Ain community through its home service. The influenza vaccine is part of the public health campaign, ‘Protect yourself. Protect your community’, launched by the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention, Department of Health – Abu Dhabi, and Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre. The joint campaign aims to raise awareness within the community about the vaccine’s integral role in prevention of the seasonal influenza. Furthermore, it also reiterates the importance of immunization for employees from the healthcare sector.
As part of the initiative, SEHA is providing the seasonal influenza vaccination free of charge to all members of the community. To receive the vaccine, individuals may call SEHA’s dedicated call center on 80050 to book an appointment. Patients visiting any of SEHA’s facilities for a COVID-19 test, and are vulnerable, will also be given the option of receiving an influenza vaccine.
Additionally, vaccines are also available through SEHA’s home vaccination service and will be subject to AED 500 fee per household, regardless of the number of people being immunized. Appointments can be booked by calling 027117117. SEHA will provide also vaccines to companies in Abu Dhabi by calling 0564103180, and for companies in Al Ain by calling 0562187886.
Commenting on the launch of the campaign, Dr. Noura Al Ghaithi, Chief Operations Officer, Ambulatory Healthcare Services, SEHA said, “In close collaboration with our partners, the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention, Department of Health – Abu Dhabi, and Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre, we have rolled out a comprehensive plan to ensure that all members of our community have easy and safe access to the vaccine during these challenging time. Both COVID-19 and influenza viruses exhibit similar symptoms, underlining the importance of getting immunized this year to stay protected and alleviate the pressure on healthcare sector. When more people get vaccinated, healthcare professionals will be able to dedicate their efforts to manage the demands placed by COVID-19 and other critical medical conditions.”
“We are also in the process of immunizing all our employees, as part of our annual campaign. The safety and wellbeing of our staff is held in the highest regards – maintaining our health is important to ensure delivery of continuous care to the community.” she added.
In line with the National Screening Campaign in Mussafah, employees working at companies in the area will be given the influenza vaccine following the completion of their COVID-19 test.
The following centers currently offer the seasonal influenza vaccine in Abu Dhabi:
• Al Bateen Healthcare Center
• Al Madina Occupational Health Center
• Al Mushrif Children’s Specialty Center
• Al Zafarana Diagnostic and Screening Center
Within Abu Dhabi’s Central Region, the vaccine will be available at:
• Al Maqta Healthcare Center
• Madinat Khalifa Healthcare Center
• Madinat Mohammed Bin Zayed Healthcare Center
• Al Bahia Healthcare Center
• Al Falah Healthcare Center
• Al Samha Healthcare Center
• Baniyas Healthcare Center
Other centers where the vaccine will be available, include:
• Al Khatim Healthcare Center
• Al Faqaa Healthcare Center
• Al Hayer Healthcare Center Al-Hili Healthcare Center
• Al Jahili Healthcare Center
• Al Khazna Healthcare Center
• Al Muwaiji Healthcare Center
• Al Quaa Healthcare Center
• Al Shwaib Healthcare Center
• Al Yahar Healthcare Center
• Mezyad Healthcare Center
• Neima Healthcare Center
• Remah Healthcare Center
• Sweihan Healthcare Center
• Zakher Healthcare Center
• Al Towayya Children’s Specialty Center
• Oud Al Touba Diagnostic and Screening Center
Al Dhafra Hospitals will provide the seasonal influenza vaccine for Al Dhafra community in all healthcare centers.
The vaccine is also provided to Madinat Zayed families at Al Dhafra Family Medicine Center, resident workers at Madinat Zayed Hospital, Liwa, Ghayathi, Al Mirfa, Al Sila'a, and Dalma.
Appointments can be booked at Al Dhafra region by calling 028070000.