Dubai, United Arab Emirates, March 30, 2020: During the HUAWEI P40 Series Global Launch Event, Huawei announced the latest development related to the Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) ecosystem and apps. Developers are being encouraged to collaborate with Huawei in its effort to expand its ecosystem, and therefore bring consumers around the world richer experiences.
Richard Yu, CEO of Huawei Consumer Business Group introduced HUAWEI P40 Series
HUAWEI AppGallery, HUAWEI Browser, HUAWEI Mobile Cloud and HUAWEI Themes are currently available to users in over 170 countries and regions, with HUAWEI Video and HUAWEI Music rolling out in additional locations soon to bring quality entertainment to more users around the world.
As Richard Yu, CEO of Huawei Consumer BG, remarked during the event, HMS is rapidly gaining popularity with global users and is becoming a trusted enabler of quality, all-scenario experiences. With the launch of HUAWEI P40 Series, HMS ecosystem is set to benefit even more consumers with smarter, richer, more efficient and secure user experiences.
Rapid growth of HMS apps
As Richard highlighted, Huawei is rapidly expanding the volume of high-quality entertainment content on HMS platforms. Huawei has partnered with the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) to introduce a BBC News category on HUAWEI Video, providing users with the most updated quality news videos in more than 20 countries and regions. In the near future, HUAWEI Video and the BBC will offer high-quality TV shows and documentaries by BBC Studio to users in more locations around the world.
Through HMS Apps, Huawei delivers a rich entertainment experience to users by cooperating with leading global partners.
• HUAWEI Video: Huawei is working with top content providers and leading content partners in MENA and around the world to bring a wealth of international and local video content to consumers. HUAWEI Video is now available in UAE, KSA and Egypt and will be expanding to other countries soon. It offers thousands of hours of Arabic Movies and series, and millions of short-form content through our partners H+, and Daily Motion for free to our users
• HUAWEI Music: In partnership with global partners Warner Music Group, Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment, and regional partners Rotana, Mazzika, ARPU+, Qanawat and Watary, Huawei offers a vast library of international and Arabic music that can be streamed on HUAWEI Music in 14 countries across the Middle East and Africa.
The brand-new panorama theme in HUAWEI Themes comes with the launch of the P40 Series. Collaborating with artists around the globe, panorama themes are provided in multiple forms including live-photo and Chinoiserie, bringing an immersive experience to users with a variety of panoramic interaction, which creates more personalised forms of smartphone themes.
HUAWEI Mobile Cloud supports automatic data backup for the phone, which enables users to back up 18 types of data for their devices, including gallery data, contacts, calendar, WLAN and more.
Data restoration and multiple device synchronisation are also provided, which ensure important data on Huawei devices logged into the same HUAWEI ID can be synchronised in real time, helping users manage data in a safer and easier way. The “Find My Phone” feature in HUAWEI Mobile Cloud will be launched along with the P40 series.
Accelerating development of smart technology in collaboration with developers
Executing on its all-scenario intelligence strategy, Huawei provides global developers and partners with the access to a wealth of HMS capabilities, allowing them to easily develop apps for the platform and reach millions of Huawei device users worldwide. Huawei welcomes global developers to launch their apps on AppGallery, so together with Huawei they can work towards delivering better app experiences to global consumers.
AppGallery currently provides 18 categories of global and local apps covering news, social network, video, music, entertainment and games, including the leading search service provider Qwant, and the Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall mobile game, which can be downloaded on AppGallery starting April 3rd.
All-scenario digital services covering every aspect of life
The HUAWEI P40 Series is pre-installed with AppGallery, Huawei’s official app marketplace and the world’s top 3 distribution platform. Global popular apps are available on the AppGallery and it also provides localised experiences for users with a rich selection of local apps. Quick Apps are also rolling out around the globe to allow consumers to enjoy a lighter but more convenient app experience.
HUAWEI Ability Gallery is available for developers and cooperating partners to integrate their services into HUAWEI Assistant. This is accessible by swiping left on a Huawei device’s Home screen and provides them with an avenue to reach out directly to users. For instance, news publishers can partner with Huawei to enable users to receive their content via Instant Access, AI Tips, and other points of access provided by HUAWEI Assistant.
“Huawei remains committed to the development of our chipset-device-cloud capabilities, and we hope to join hands with global developer and partners to speed up the development of HMS ecosystem. Together, we will create better smart experiences that make the full use of 5G technology for the benefit of consumers.” said Richard.
With the arrival of HUAWEI P40 Series, Huawei will continue to build out the HMS ecosystem to enrich the digital lifestyle for HUAWEI P40 Series users.
HUAWEI Member Center Launch and Exclusive offers for P40 Series Users
Launching with the HUAWEI P40 series globally, the HUAWEI Member Center is the new hub for Huawei users to access exclusive offers and services and the latest Huawei information and promotions, all in one place.
New HUAWEI P40 Series customers can access the pre-loaded HUAWEI Member Center to avail the exclusive offers below*:
• HUAWEI Mobile Cloud: 50GB free mobile cloud storage for 12 months
• HUAWEI AppGallery: Up to 10 exclusive partner vouchers, including Apps like Udrive, SHEIN, Club Factory and Cut Cut, and top Games like Creative Destruction, Asphalt 9, Anthem of Heroes, Revenge of Sultans, Days of Empire, Rise of Kingdoms, Rise of the Kings, Conquerors, TALES OF WIND GIFTS, among others.
• HUAWEI Music: Exclusive 6 months VIP Free trial
• HUAWEI Video: Exclusive 30 days VIP Free trial
• HUAWEI Themes: 100% OFF exclusive themes with our fancy carton FREEJ.