• Contract signed for ePassport Renewal Centres in two locations (Dubai and Abu Dhabi) in the UAE; to be rolled out in phases
• This marks the first time The Republic of Philippines Department of Foreign Affairs has outsourced its passport renewal process for its Nationals living abroad
• VFS Global operates 87 Passport and Consular Services centres on behalf of 5 Governments in 27 countries worldwide
Dubai, UAE - November 25, 2019: In a bid to ease the passport renewal process for Philippine nationals living in the UAE, The Republic of Philippines Department of Foreign Affairs and VFS Global have signed a contract to provide Passport Renewal services.
Mr Brigido Dulay, Undersecretary Consular & Civilian Security Concerns and Mr Chris Dix, Head of Business Development, VFS Global signed the contract witnessed by Hon. Teodoro L. Locsin, Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Republic of the Philippines and Vinay Malhotra, Regional Group COO, South Asia, Americas, Middle East & North Africa, VFS Global and inaugurated the first such passport renewal centre in Dubai, UAE, in a formal ceremony today. Prior to this, Philippine residents in the UAE had to visit the Philippines Consulate in Dubai or the Embassy in Abu Dhabi for passport renewal. With the opening of the new ePassport Renewal Centre, customers will have an additional avenue to complete the process.
Mr Vinay Malhotra, Regional Group COO, South Asia, Americas, Middle East & North Africa, VFS Global said, “We would like to thank The Republic of Philippines Department of Foreign Affairs for their faith in us. Our Passport and Consular services have been growing from strength to strength, and we look forward to bringing those best in class services to the Philippines expats here in Dubai.”
This is the first time The Republic of Philippines Department of Foreign Affairs has outsourced its passport renewal process. Under the contract signed, the rollout of the Dubai centre will be followed by similar centres in Abu Dhabi and The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 2020. Outsourcing the process to VFS Global gives the government a trusted partner, with established infrastructure and expertise in the field.
VFS Global already operates 87 centres providing Passport and Consular Services to 5 Governments in 27 countries worldwide. The organisation’s transparent, scalable and intuitively designed services in the passport application and consular services domain delivers on a range of key requirements from online appointment booking and customer support to front-office services, biometric enrolment and doorstep return-delivery of passports and other documentation.
Key benefits of the ePassport Renewal Centre:
• Improved passport and consular services to Filipino citizens living overseas
• Reduced crowding at Consulates/Embassies and greater convenience for the customer submitting their application with VFS Global
• Strict verifiable processes to ensure accuracy of biometric data collection
• Flexible ‘prime time’ services so that applicants can make submissions beyond regular office hours. (The centre will stay open between 0800 to 2000 hrs all days of the week)
• Application tracking facility
• Dedicated email and helpline for applicant queries
Philippines ePassport Renewal Centre
Address in Dubai: WAFI Mall, Level 2, Falcon, Phase 2, Umm Hurair2, Dubai, UAE
Helpline: 971 (0)4 2207100
Email id: Info.PHL_PPTdxb@vfsglobal.com
Business hours: 0800 hrs to 2000 hrs
VFS Global will be responsible only for accepting applications for client governments. All applications submitted will continue to be assessed and processed by the respective client governments. Timelines for turnaround are as per the discretion of the authorities. VFS Global has no influence on the process of an application or visa decision-making at the Embassies or Consulates.