- Due to high demand, applications will now close for submission on Monday 5 August, 9am UAE time
- Start-ups from all over the world invited to complete their applications, to showcase entrepreneurial spirit with innovative technology solutions for the travel and tourism sector
Dubai, UAE, 1 August 2019: The deadline for technology start-ups to enter this year’s international Futurism Programme, a zero-equity accelerator initiative launched by Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism), will now close on Monday 5 August 2019 at 9am UAE time.
With the aim to boost technology innovation within the tourism industry and further position Dubai as a leading international technology hub for start-ups, the 3rd edition of the annual Futurism Programme, which is being run in collaboration with leading professional services company, Accenture (NYSE: ACN), has generated strong interest among start-ups around the world, resulting in high quality submissions to date.
The deadline extension will allow ambitious start-ups looking to submit their applications a few extra days to finalise their submissions, giving entrepreneurs the opportunity to showcase true innovation and technology solutions to help drive a variety of Futurism themes including:
- Hyper personalisation - Using consumer insights through data analytics to personalise visitor experiences
- Connected travel - Offering end to end seamless traveller experiences by blurring the boundaries between aviation, hospitality and destination services
- Digitising operations - Using robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and machine learning to optimise industry operations such as inventory, payments, reservation, workforce management
- First choice destination – To engage travellers from around the world to make Dubai their destination of choice
- Conscious travel - Using technology and innovation to support sustainable travel as part of Dubai’s Sustainable Tourism Programme
- ‘Phygital’ experience - technology that will see the convergence of the physical and digital touchpoints in the tourist journey to create unified experiences and improve customer engagement
The shortlisted entrants will be put through a 6-week accelerator programme during which the 10 finalists will each be given the opportunity to finalise a pilot project with the support of Dubai Tourism, Seera Group, Atlantis The Palm, Emaar Hospitality Group and the Emirates Group. The start-ups will pitch their unique concepts to a group of business owners, investors and venture capitalists at the Dubai Tourism stand at GITEX Future Stars, the Middle East and Africa’s largest start-up conference of global tech entrepreneurs, international investors and influential corporate buyers, which will be hosted later this year. Dubai Tourism will announce the winning start-up and a runner-up on 8 October, with prize totalling AED 100,000 in initial start-up capital as well as licensing, relevant visas in Dubai, office space and the opportunity to secure potential future funding.
The 2019 Futurism Programme has the support of key industry partners and investors representing a broad spectrum of sectors, from travel to hospitality, and aviation to artificial intelligence, finance to technology and transportation. They include strategic partner, Seera Group, and industry partners Atlantis The Palm, Emaar Hospitality Group, the Emirates Group and Accor Hotels. The Futurism Programme also welcomes to its partnership network Dubai SME, Shorooq Investments, Wamda, Middle East Venture Partners, Microsoft, Amazon, Dentons, Alteryx and Careem.
For full details of the schedule and to submit an application, visit https://www.visitdubai.com/en/department-of-tourism/futurism-programme