Dubai, UAE, April 11, 2019: At the NAB Show in Las Vegas, AMD revealed several significant updates to its physically-based rendering engine, AMD Radeon ProRender, including new plug-ins for leading creative apps and the new Radeon ProRender Developer Suite.
Radeon ProRender’s powerful combination of cross-platform compatibility, rendering capabilities, and efficiency helps reduce the time required to deliver true-to-life images.
Radeon ProRender updates include:
- Radeon ProRender for Developers – The newly announced Radeon ProRender Developer Suite includes non-commercial use SDKs for Radeon ProRender, Radeon Rays, and the Radeon Image Filter Library, designed for developers prototyping Radeon ProRender integrations into their applications.
- New Full Spectrum Rendering, coming soon – Supports every stage of the rendering pipeline – including rasterized rendering for standard viewport creation, hybrid rendering for advanced viewport creation, biased photorealistic rendering for look development, and path traced reality for final rendering – and is coming soon to the Radeon ProRender Developer Suite.
- Radeon ProRender for Blender v2.0 beta for Blender 2.80 beta – The new v2.0 plug-in has been completely rewritten for the Blender 2.80 Beta. Commonly used Blender native shader nodes are supported out of the box, including the Blender Principled Shader node.
- AI-Accelerated Denoising Blender 2.8 beta, Autodesk Maya and Autodesk 3ds Max plug-ins – Harnesses the power of machine learning to produce high-quality final and interactive renders plus delivers fast interactive viewport renders, for the Windows versions of these plug-ins.
- Adaptive Sampling for Blender 2.8 beta, Autodesk Maya (for Windows and macOS) and Autodesk 3ds Max plug-ins – Accelerates render times while enabling higher-quality renders.
- Hair Rendering Support for Blender 2.8 beta and Autodesk Maya (for Windows and macOS) plug-ins – Adds support for rendering realistic looking hair, fur, grass and other strand-like objects.
- Radeon ProRender for Autodesk 3ds Max plug-in-specific updates– The updated plug-in for 3ds Max supports the just-released new version of 3ds Max, 2020. Reorganized render settings also allow for clearer user control, helping improve workflows.
- Radeon ProRender for Autodesk Maya (for Windows and macOS) plug-in-specific updates – Supports Maya Fluid Volumes to render advanced effects like smoke, fog, and clouds to create realistic images. Converts Arnold Renderer and Redshift materials to Radon ProRender materials.