- The round witnessed a high level of professionalism in an atmosphere of enthusiasm from the teams’ fans
- Dubai Police excels with 15 goals against the General Civil Aviation Authority
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 10th February 2019: Dubai Judicial Institute (DJI) concluded the first qualifying round of its 7th annual football tournament ‘Tolerance Tournament’ on Wednesday, 6th February 2019. The matches to date revealed a high level of professionalism with a total of 69 scored goals. Round two of the qualifying stage commenced on 6th February and will continue till Monday, 11th February.
In spite of the cold weather, DJI’s football field was filled with large crowds of fans who cheered the teams for providing wonderful, enthusiastic performances and unrivalled encouragement, enhanced by the professional commentary of the outstanding Sharjah Sports TV sportscaster, Abdulhamid Al Jasmi, who praised the players’ outstanding performances.
During the first round of the qualifying stage, impressive results were recorded by a number of government entities, including Dubai Courts, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, Dubai Municipality, Dubai Customs, Dubai Civil Defence, Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services, and Dubai Police.
HE Justice Dr Jamal Al Sumaiti, Director General of DJI, commented: “We are extremely happy with the enthusiastic competition and the sportsmanship that the teams presented. The sentiments are evidence of the positive impact this tournament has on player moral — in line with the Year of Tolerance — and its important role in motivating the youth to participate, develop their skills, and help them make use of their time in an enjoyable and beneficial manner in the pursuit of competition and fair play. We express our sincere gratitude to the audience who were eager to attend and encourage the players, instilling a sense of enjoyment and enthusiasm in each match.
The organisers expect the competition to intensify in the coming days with each qualifying round. The abundance of goals that were recorded was an important factor in increasing excitement and enthusiasm that helped highlight a number of players and teams, including Dubai Police who emerged as a competitor after scoring 15 goals against the General Civil Aviation Authority.
DJI’s annual football tournament chose ‘Tolerance Tournament’ as the theme for its seventh edition, in commemoration of the Year of Tolerance. Sponsors of the 2019 tournament include Union Coop (Golden Sponsor), Sirma Water (Silver Sponsor), Al Bayan newspaper, Dubai Sports TV, and Al Barjeel Foundation (Media Sponsors).
The results of the first round of the qualifying stage are as follows:
• Dubai Courts team (6) - The Government of Dubai Legal Affairs Department (2)
• Dubai Electricity and Water Authority scored (6) - Dar al Ber Society who scored (3)
• Public Prosecution Dubai (2) - Islamic Affairs & Charitable Activities Department (2)
• Dubai Municipality (5) - Dubai Economy (2)
• The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs Dubai (2) - Union Coop (2)
• Dubai Customs (4) - Dubai Land Department (1)
• Dubai Civil Defence (7) - Dubai Health Authority (3)
• Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services (4) - Al Tamimi & Company (2)
• Dubai Police (15) - General Civil Aviation Authority (1)
• Dubai Taxi Corporation (0) – Roads and Transport Authority (0)
The first results of round two of the qualifying stage were:
• Dubai Electricity and Water Authority scored (7) - The Government of Dubai Legal Affairs Department (0)
• Dubai Courts (7) - Dar al Ber Society who scored (1)