5th June 2014, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. - AmCham Abu Dhabi held its 2014 Annual General Meeting at the Beach Rotana Abu Dhabi at which the members of the 2014-15 Board of Directors were elected. On July 1, 2014 the following individuals will take office as Board Officers and Members-at-Large for a one-year term expiring June 30, 2015.
• Chairman: Matthew E. Byrd, Gulf Alliance Company - A Perot Company
• Vice Chairman: Roy Panzarella, Lockheed Martin Global, Inc.
• Treasurer: Peter Rafferty, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
• Secretary: John L. Habib, Qasimi Law Partners MENA
Members-at-Large (alphabetical order):
• Souad Al Hosani, Nexus Business Services
• Sana Bagersh, BrandMoxie
• Mary Corrado, AMIDEAST
• Lina El Labban-Lampkin, Abu Dhabi Education Council
• Sharief Fahmy, F&E Group
• Saeed Ghanim, Middle East General Enterprises
• Marc Harrison, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
• Guy Mehula, Parsons International Ltd.
• Timothy J. Richards, General Electric
• Thomas E. Rodabaugh, Northrop Grumman
• Elias Sayah, Sayah Engineering MENA
The Annual General Meeting included reports by the Chairs of eight Board Committees on the work over the last 12 months. Matthew E. Byrd, on behalf of the Board of Directors, acknowledged AmCham Abu Dhabi's 46 Platinum Members and the inaugural five members of the newly launched The Falcon Club, for their significant contributions to AmCham Abu Dhabi. Three Members were also thanked and given plaques recognizing their outstanding commitment to AmCham Abu Dhabi: Yassin Yassin, as Treasurer and Board Member for the past three years; Ronald Herman, as Board Member and Co-Chair of the Women in Business Committee; and David Cynamon, as the Co-Chair of the Legal Affairs Committee. The Board of Directors expressed its appreciation to Dr. Qaiser Anis and the Nominating Committee, the 2014 Board nominees, and to all of the Members of AmCham Abu Dhabi who participated in the 2014-15 Board elections and attended the Annual General Meeting.