Raft of eminent Middle East speakers for Sibos 2013 in Dubai announced; delegate and exhibitor numbers ahead of previous years
Dubai, 4 August 2013 – SWIFT, the financial messaging provider for more than 10,000 banks, securities institutions and corporate customers in 212 countries and territories, today announced that the world's most prominent financial experts and institutions will convene in Dubai in September when they meet at Sibos to shape the future of the global financial industry.
More than 7,000 decision-makers and topic experts from the industry's leading financial institutions, market infrastructures, regulatory authorities, multinational corporations and technology partners will come together in Dubai to take part in SWIFT's annual event, Sibos, the world's largest financial conference and exhibition.
Sibos is credited for being the place where the future of the financial industry is collaboratively and collectively shaped. Each year SWIFT holds the event in one of the key global financial city centres. This year, SWIFT is bringing Sibos to Dubai from 16-19 September, its first visit to the Middle East. For four days, the industry's leading executives and technology providers from all over the globe will converge on the city to debate and discuss key industry topics as well as network with peers.
Sido Bestani, Head of Middle East & North Africa, SWIFT, said: “Given the growing importance of the Middle East to the global financial community, Dubai was a logical location. This is reflected in the quality of the speakers that we have been able to attract and supports what will be a very strong agenda. We are delighted to bring Sibos to Dubai and hope this further solidifies the UAE as a key financial centre.”
SWIFT has today revealed that Sibos will host a raft of eminent speakers from across the region.
Confirmed speakers from the region include:
• Abdul Aziz Al Ghurair, CEO Mashreq Bank, chairman of the UAE Banking Federation
• Hamad Buamim – President & CE), Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industry
• Mohamed Al Ansari – Chairman of Al Ansari Exchange
• Samir Assaf, Group Managing Director, Chief Executive Global Banking and Markets, HSBC
• John Garrett, General Manager & Group Chief Compliance Officer, National Bank of Abu Dhabi
• May Abulnaga, Head of Regulation Department, Central Bank of Egypt
• Osama Al Rahma, Director, Al Fardan Group and General Manager, Al Fardan Exchange
• Jeff Singer, CEO, Dubai International Financial Centre
• Sheikh Nizam Yaquby, Islamic Finance Scholar
• May Abulnaga, Central Bank of Egypt
• Gary Slawther, Octal Petrochemicals
• Alawi Al-Shurafa, Saudi Chevron
• Simon Gray, Dubai Financial Services Authority
• John Garrett, National Bank of Abu Dhabi
• Faisal Lalani, Emirates NBD
• Bryan Stirewalt, Dubai Financial Services Authority
• Asif Raza, JP Morgan
• Shashank Srivastava, CEO, Qatar Financial Centre
• Murali Subramanian, Head of Transaction Banking, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
The conference programme is focused on three main themes throughout the four-day event that will take place at the Dubai World Trade Centre. Regulation: challenges of implementation and identifying new opportunities; operational excellence: improving efficiency through innovation and collaboration; and worldwide shifts: changing global dynamics and regional trends.
With sessions looking across these themes, the four-day conference will host plenaries and big issue debates, have five forums – Corporate, Standards, Compliance, Technology and Market Infrastructures – as well as a dedicated Middle East & Africa day.
Sessions featuring Middle East speakers and themes include panel discussions on Islamic Finance, the role of financial centres in the Middle East, financial inclusion, regulations, trade corridors and the trends in Middle East transaction banking.
Bestani added: “Sibos brings together all the key influencers and major players in financial services across the globe. There is really no other event which offers the same opportunities to do business, discuss issues and demonstrate new solutions. Sibos always attracts large numbers, and this year is no exception. Delegate and exhibitor registrations for Sibos Dubai are already ahead of where they were for the previous years.”
For more information, please visit www.sibos.com