Twelve-inch reconfigurable gauge cluster and Diamond Sky special edition are stand-out features in this model-year update
United Arab Emirates, September 27, 2020: While the debuts of the 2020 Cadillac CT4 and CT5 ushered in a new generation of Cadillac sedans, the 2021 models improve upon the already formidable vehicles.
Once in the driver’s seat, customers will immediately notice a new available high-definition 12-inch diagonal instrument cluster1 that is reconfigurable with different themes, including a traditional Tour theme, a performance oriented Sport theme, Track theme for the CT4-V and CT5-V only, and the dark, minimalist Stealth theme. Once drivers select a theme, they can change the information displayed in each zone of the cluster.
The vehicles’ user-friendly infotainment system will add wireless Apple CarPlay2 and Android Auto3 capabilities. The rotary infotainment knob, located on the center console, also adds jog functionality for even greater maneuverability to make selections on the infotainment screen.
More Standard Safety Features
Adding to the vehicles’ driver safety technologies is the new standard Buckle to Drive feature. If the driver’s seat belt is not buckled when the car starts and Buckle to Drive is turned on, this feature will prevent the shifter from leaving Park for up to 20 seconds, or until the driver’s seat belt is buckled, whichever comes first. Consistent with Cadillac’s commitment to safety, this feature is automatically turned on from the factory, but can be turned off through the vehicle settings in the infotainment display.
On the CT4 Luxury trim, Forward Collision Alert*, Front Pedestrian Braking*, Automatic Emergency Braking* and the patented haptic Safety Alert Seat* now come standard, making these features standard on every CT4 and CT5 trim.
New Special Edition
In early 2021, both the CT4 and CT5 will offer a new special edition package on the Premium Luxury trim called Diamond Sky. This package features unique exterior and interior components, including:
• New Diamond Sky Metallic exterior color
• Luxury design front grille with exclusive bright accents and surrounds
• Rocker extensions in Diamond Sky Metallic exterior color
• Rear lower air diffuser painted with Diamond Sky Metallic exterior color
• Alloy wheels with Diamond Cut / Midnight Silver finish; all-season run-flat tires4
• Available larger alloy wheels with Polished/Dark Android Gloss finish; all-season run-flat tires4
• Brembo V Performance front brakes with blue brake calipers (all four corners)
• Neutral density transparent lens taillamps with crystalline inners
• Sky Cool Gray/Jet Black leather seating surface interior with exclusive Diamond Fall custom seat insert perforation
• Exclusive interior trim: Centaurus Finish Aluminum on CT4 and Galaxy Finish Wood on CT5
• Alloy driver pedals
• Diamond Sky Metallic accented key fob with color Cadillac crest logo
V-Series Expansion and Elevation
Now in its fourth generation, Cadillac continues to bolster its V-Series sub-brand. Material improvements to the 2021 CT4-V and CT5-V include upgraded Modena leather on the performance steering wheel, along with a standard leather-wrapped horn pad. In addition, the front brake calipers are now V Performance branded with the V-Series logo.
On the CT4-V, the center console trim has been updated from aluminum to carbon fiber.
Select V-Series content is now available on the Sport trim of each vehicle as well. The CT5 Sport trim now offers an available V Performance package, which includes an upgraded performance suspension, Magnetic Ride Control and mechanical limited-slip differential. Brembo V Performance front brakes are also available on the Sport trim for both CT4 and CT5, with a choice of red or blue calipers.
On both the CT4 and CT5, two new exterior colors5 – Infrared Tintcoat and Rift Metallic (V-Series only) – replace the outgoing colors Red Obsession Tintcoat and Royal Spice Metallic.
Rift Metallic is a new color exclusive to the CT5-V and CT4-V. It is an alabaster white-based color with a fresh greige hue. Infrared Tintcoat is a new cherry red color that draws attention to each sedans’ bold exterior styling.