12 May 2019: Dr. Noura Al Dhaheri, Chief Executive Officer, Maqta Gateway Co was announced as the recipient of the prestigious Young Person of the Year Award at tonight’s presentation ceremony for the 31st Seatrade Awards, which took place at London’s magnificent Guildhall.
A popular winner, Dr. Noura Al Dhaheri was presented on the evening in front of nearly 250 esteemed guests by Chris Morley, Event Director, Seatrade Maritime.
“Our Young Person of the Year Award has an impressive list of academic achievements including a Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree, and a PhD from MIT, in multiple Information-Technology-based disciplines applied to Engineering Systems, Software and logistical operations. Dr. Noura Al Dhaheri winner embodies the future of the Maritime Industry - a future which embraces digital innovation, globalisation and gender diversity,” remarked Morley.
Further high-profile personalities honoured at Seatrade Awards 2019 included:
• Outstanding Contribution to the Growth of the Cruise Industry: Madam WANG Hong, Party Secretary General of Shanghai Municipal People’s Government, Baoshan District
• Integration of Women in the Maritime Sector Award: Dr. Kirsi Tikka, Executive Vice President and Senior Maritime Advisor, ABS
• Global Performer 2019 – sponsored by DP World: Hapag-Lloyd AG (collected by Dr. Maximilian Rothkopf, Chief Operating Officer, Hapag-Lloyd AG)
• Personality of the Year 2019: John Platsidakis, Honorary Chairman of INTERCARGO, Director of Angelicoussis Shipping Group Ltd, Managing Director of Maran Dry Management Inc
• Lifetime Achievement Award 2019: Lord Mountevans, Chairman, Maritime London & President, Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers
A total of thirteen winners were announced on the evening, which was hosted by Bob Jaques, Editor, Seatrade Maritime Review, in the presence of special guest RT Hon Chris Grayling MP, Secretary of State for Transport and official guest of honour, Professor Dame Jane Francis, Director, British Antarctic Survey.
In time old tradition, the winners remain a secret until the presentation ceremony and the winners are unveiled to great fanfare and celebration.
Further Seatrade Awards 2019 winners can be found below:
• Safety at Sea - sponsored by Bureau Veritas: VIKING Life-Saving Equipment (product:VIKING LifeCraftTM)
• Clean Shipping: Thordon Bearings (product: COMPAC)
• Investment in People: Synergy Marine Group (product: Investment in People)
• Digital Technology – sponsored by CCS: Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine (product: VisionMaster Net)
• Cyber Security: ABS (product: FCI Cyber Method)
• Fuel Efficiency: Teekay Offshore (product: Teekay E- Shuttle – Training Emissions into Fuel)
• Deal of the Year: Reed Smith
With thanks to our sponsors: Bureau Veritas; China Classification Society; DNV GL and DP World.