Iconic Swiss watchmaker Baume & Mercier salutes the greatest moments of life with a brand new communication campaign that revolves around celebration. Under the watchful eyes of renowned photographer, Peter Lindbergh, Baume & Mercier reveals a set of intimate, universal photographic stories which seal joyful moments in every individual’s life! Taking the campaign’s spirit a step further, the Swiss brand is also launching a social media competition which will enable a lucky person to win a striking Baume & Mercier timepiece. Express
In Lindbergh’s words “Photographs are truly magical when they enable moments that cannot be seen with one’s eyes to be captured.” Joining forces with the Master of Photography, Baume & Mercier’s contest draws on a shared passion for celebration and encourages fans from the world over to capture their special moments and stories and share them with the hashtag #celebrate moments.
Running on the brand’s official Instagram, Facebook and Twitter channels between 7th April and 5th May, the competition will add another special moment to the victor’s set as one lucky person stands to win a ‘Baume & Mercier Clifton automatic small seconds watch (10052)’ along with a limited edition signed copy of Peter Lindbergh’s stunning book “Images of Women.” In addition, three runners-up will each receive a limited edition signed copy of Peter Lindbergh’s book.
Having celebrated 184 years of life’s special moments, Baume & Mercier envisions watches as gifts that contain feelings, and with every passing year, the brand strengthens this commitment to celebration further.
Some of the special celebrations caught on camera by Peter Lindbergh are:
• Celebrating Commitment: A loving commitment is captured like a stolen moment of affection that is both discreet and solemn. Sheltered from prying eyes, the couple, forgetful of the lens pointing at them, is wrapped up body and soul in the promise that unites them.
• Celebrating a marriage: Here the joy of marriage is snapped from a car window. The picture gives the person looking at it a sense of being both a witness and actor. During this moment of extreme emotional intensity, the photographer brings out with great sincerity the unique joy shared between two people in love.
• Celebrating a birth: The maternal bond is captured, with simplicity and clarity, in an instinctive, natural gesture, a mother cuddling a child that she loves and is holding in her arms. Bathed in summer light, the delicacy of this skin on skin experience records this moment in the universal story of life and maternal love.
• Celebrating achievement: The image expresses the individual pleasure of a moment of freedom. The smile of a man driving an exceptional car, his face turned towards the light. It is a man who has a fulfilled life, who has experienced successes and encounters, a man who knows the value of all things.
• Celebrating a birthday: The big Three Zero has been reached. This is the perfect occasion to bring one’s special friends together and mark the passing with a special occasion. A moment to reflect spontaneity and shared friendship around a man brimming with happiness.
• Celebrating Christmas: In approaching the emotion-filled period of the end of year festivities, Peter Lindbergh has opted for intimacy and restraint. A couple giving each other a joint gift without any onlookers. All the intensity of the moment and their relationship is perceptible in this image.
More information here: